I said a prayer and asked our Heavenly Father to bless us 3-20-2017

7:16 AM

¡Hola Todos! 

Espero que todos tuvieran una buena semana. Nuestra semana fue muy ocupada pero muy divertida. Encontramos nuevas personas para enseñar y tuvimos muchos milagros. I hope y'all had a very good week and that you remembered to wear green! This week is going to be a short one but I'll share a couple cool experiences with you! 

So since we don't really have any investigators right now we spent most of our week tracting and boy am I tired. But one day we had a really cool experience. Before we started down one street Hermana Heil and I said a prayer and asked our Heavenly Father to bless us with one person who would have a lesson with us.  We spent a little while knocking on doors and it was just about time to go in for the night and we knocked on one last door and Raul came out.  He told us right away he was Atheist but after a little while of talking to him he asked us to come by the next day. We were so grateful Heavenly Father blessed us with that one person. 

We went back the next day and had a powerful lesson on God is our Heavenly Father and taught him about the Holy Ghost and prayer. At the end we showed him a video and when Christ came on the screen he started crying. He totally believes it. We asked him what he thought and he said he didn't believe it. And he went on saying some things. Let me tell you this guy is a modern day Korihor. The next day in my studies I read Alma 30 (the story of Korihor) and I was shocked because Raul literally said word for word what Korihor said. I couldn't believe it. And in the institute manual Ezra Taft Benson said, "The type of apostates in the Book of Mormon are similar to the type we have today. God, with his infinite foreknowledge, so molded the Book of Mormon that we might see the error and know how to combat false educational, political, religious, and philosophical concepts of our time."

So we went to Raul's the next day and of course we read Alma 30 with him. He right away pointed out that he was a Korihor. But the lesson was so powerful and you could totally see when it clicked in his head that it was all true. He said, "so if I start believing in this and if I start going to your church then what does that all mean?" He totally believes it! But he's so prideful and at the end of the lesson he said, "I still don't believe it, if God has to strike me dumb then he can strike me dumb." Hahaha it was so frustrating. But you can totally tell he believes it he just doesn't want to admit he's wrong. But poco a poco (little by little) he's going to get there. He's amazing and he's going to get it! I just know it! But it's been super cool working with him and as I've studied for him I have grown to know my Heavenly Father better as well. 

We had another day we were tracting and again the very last trailer that we knocked on we found Jose and Enis. They let us in and we told them about the Book of Mormon she was so excited to hear about it and they asked us to come back. It was so cool, and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father always blesses us when we do our part. 

We had exchanges this week with the Frankfort sisters and it was a lot of fun! Sister Groesbeck came to Shelbyville with me and she is amazing! She may be a sister but let me tell you she's actually an Hermana! Her Spanish is incredible! No joke, she knows more than me! I was blown away! We were at a lesson with Maribel (and Maribel can understand English) and I asked Sister Groesbeck if she wanted to explain part of the lesson and she just explains it out in Spanish I was like what?! It was the coolest thing ever, she is amazing!! She's such a good missionary! 

But that's about it for our week. We spent a majority of our time tracting and looking and it was a good week! We have a pretty good week coming up and I'm excited for it. I hope y'all have a very good week and know how much I love y'all. Be happy, because life is too short to be anything else. 

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

PS: "And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction." -1 Nephi 15:24 


Exchanges featuring Sister "Hermana" Groesbeck and Hermana Parra. And I know I totally look like I have a hunchback.



Mama Rhonda came to Shelbyville again to take us out. I love her so much, it made my heart so happy. She's doing good and Jacob made it on his mission in Colombia!

You Might Also Like

0 comments