There's not a person you wouldn't love if you could read their story 1-2-2017

7:32 PM

¡Hola Familia!

I hope you all had a very Happy New Year and a great little holiday
break! We had a lot of fun this week. I feel like I don't have a lot
to write about since I just wrote last Wednesday! So this will
probably be another short one.

We didn't have hardly any lessons this week but we were able to get in
a few more lessons with some less actives and they were really good.
In this area we've been working more with less actives and inactives
but I absolutely love it. They're all so amazing and I love getting to
know them. It's like the Marjorie Hinckley quote, "There's not a person
you wouldn't love if you could read their story."

New Years was a lot of fun. We were able to make some visits to some
people but there was no proselyting after 6:00 and we had permission
to stay out until 11:00! So we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory with
the other sisters in our ward (thank you mom and dad). I was in heaven
eating there it made me so happy and then we went to the walking
bridge. It's a bridge that connects Indiana and Kentucky and it was
all lit up and we had a ton of fun. And then to end the night we came
back to the apartment and did our little poppers mom sent us (thank
you! We had way more fun than we probably should have). It was a great
New Year's Eve!

I wish there were more cool stories to tell you but I'll share a quick
spiritual experience with you all. We work with a less active here and
her esposo isn't a member but he doesn't want to be forced into
anything so we don't usually have him in on the lessons. Well she
finally gave us permission to invite him in and so we decided to teach
about God and the nature of God. And when we invited him in he told us
no so we did the lesson without him. But we made sure to talk extra
loud so he could hear us and by the end of the lesson we noticed that
he had turn the tv sound all the way down. I know he felt the spirit
and that he will eventually come into the lessons.

But I was so grateful for that lesson because I really did learn so
much about my Heavenly Father as I prepared for the lesson. I also had
an amazing experience this week where I was able to receive a clear
answer to a prayer and my testimony has been strengthened immensely
this week. I know that God is our very loving Heavenly Father and
everything He does is out of love. I know that He lives and He is very
aware.

Also, we have a highlight of the week!! Sister Blackwell (an amazing
member here) picked us up and took us sisters out! She took us to some
yummy lunch and were about to go to a candy museum. She is incredible
and deserves the recognition so shout out to Sister Blackwell!
(Pictures are included). Thank you Sister Blackwell!

Well family, I sure do love you. I hope you have an amazing week and
know how much I love you. Be ready for a better letter next week. I'm
so glad you all had a great new year and that Hunter is safe... Dork(:
I love you all very much and be happy. Because life is too short to be
anything else.

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

PS: "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you
up." James 4:10



Happy New Year!
 




District Meeting!




Pday Today!

You Might Also Like

0 comments