I had an overwhelming feeling of strength fall over me 02-06-2017

4:56 PM

¡Hola Familia!

I hope y'all had a great week! This past week has been a good one but
not a whole lot happened. So this will probably be a shorter one.
Maribel is doing great. She and her family are so sweet, I just love
them to death. She paid her tithing on Sunday and she is making great
progress. She seems so genuinely happy and I love it.

We don't really have any super solid investigators right now. We
picked up a bunch of former investigators so we got 10 new
investigators this past week but none of them have made a ton of
progress, but they're going to! (:

We've been teaching this one guy named Manuel and he moved here from
Guatemala (everyone in Shelbyville is from Guatemala) and he speaks a
dialect called Quiche. We went to his house to drop off a Book of
Mormon in Quiche for him and when we knocked on his door some random
lady we have never seen before answered the door. We were so confused
and we asked for Manuel and she looked very confused and said, "He
doesn't live here." Hermana Heil and I just looked at each other so
confused and then we realized we had knocked on the wrong door. The
lady who answered is named Tomasa and she asked us to come in and we
taught her a lesson and we'll be going back this week. It was crazy
that it happened, it was a miracle!

We had exchanges this week with Sister Dorian and Sister Moore. I went
to the Highlands (Louisville) with Sister Dorian and we had a blast!
They don't have a car and I can't ride a bike with my shoulder so we
walked everywhere! That girl put me to shame, I don't think I've ever
been so sore in my life after just walking. It was worse than
Disneyland haha! And the best part is I biffed it twice and fell
completely down on busy sidewalks where everyone could see me. Don't
worry my pride was hurt more than anything, but we laughed so hard
together. We had so much fun and I have so much respect for those
missionaries without a car. I keep them in my prayers always haha! But
Sister Dorian is amazing, seriously such an incredible missionary and
I learned so much from her! Also, she's a golfer too so we had fun
talking about golf!

This last week has been a little tough. Sometimes as missionaries all
of your investigators tell you about their trials and hard times and I
am so grateful they trust us enough to tell us but sometimes it's hard
not to let them weigh you down. I can't imagine how bishops feel. But
this week was one of those weeks and I felt super heavy and I just
wanted to help everyone but I knew it was out of my control and as I
partook of the Sacrament I had an overwhelming feeling of strength
fall over me. And it was the most powerful experience I have ever had
with the enabling power of the Atonement. I've always known we partake
of the sacrament for a remission of sins and for that strength but
this week I was able to feel of the strength the sacrament really can
give. All of the problems didn't go away, I was still concerned for
those people but I knew that the Savior was standing next to me and
that He was pulling all the weight. My testimony grew so much of the
sacrament and I am so grateful that I was able to partake of it and to
receive the strength that came from it.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for all that you do for me, I
am the luckiest girl in the world to have so many amazing people in my
life. I hope you have a great week and I hope you remember to be
happy. Because life is too short to be anything else.

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

PS: "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of ​my​ hands; thy
walls ​are​ continually before me." -Isaiah 49:16



Here's a peacock



Hermana Heil printed out a picture of David Archuleta last P-Day 
so what better place to put it than on your radio right?


It is Hermana Banks' birthday today so we drove to La Grange
 and had a birthday lunch with her! 




I forgot to get a picture with Sister Dorian 
so here's a blurry screenshot from a video we made while tracting. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments