Time is flying by out here, I don't like it one bit! 02-20-2017

10:38 AM

¡Hola Familia! 

We had another good week here in the GKLM and we made it another transfer! I can't believe how fast time is flying by out here, I don't like it one bit! But Hermana Heil is stuck with me here in Shelbyville another transfer and I'm so excited! I just love her. I have a feelings it's going to be a good transfer! 

But this past week was amazing. So last Saturday we found A outside of the library. We went up and started talking to her and she wasn't super nice. We could tell she didn't want anything to do with us and when we asked her if we could come by one day she said no because she lives with a bunch of Hispanics and they don't know English and so we said, "Perfect! Because we speak Spanish!" I don't think she was too happy about that. 

So we stopped by a couple days later to have a lesson with her boyfriend and she didn't seem happy when we got there. Well we found out immigration got her boyfriend and that he was going to be deported and so she went straight to her room when we got there. Well we had a lesson with the other Hispanics and it was good but I don't think they were super interested. But they told us we could come back. So we went back and they weren't home but A was. And she was in a little better mood we started talking with her and we were able to get her to open up a little bit. We showed her the Mormon Message "Mountains to Climb" and when it was over she was kinda back to her reserved/rude self. But she softened her heart and she told us it actually gave her chills. We talked about the video and then about the Book of Mormon and she was super interested in the Book of Mormon. We told her about it and she said she would read it, as we were about to leave she grabbed the book and asked us if we could mark something for her to read. So we left her with a chapter and she was super excited. And then the most amazing thing happened! She asked us to come back! She said she liked how she felt and that she was pretty lonely so she would love if we came back. 

So we we back a couple days later and showed her the Mormon message "A Book of Mormon Story" and she said she liked how he said, "I never wanted to do a bad thing ever again" and she was amazed that a book could have so much power. She then asked us the question "why do bad things happen to good people?" We shared 2 Nephi 2:11 and 27. She loved it and she told us, "I stopped being religious because when I would ask someone a question nobody could give me an answer but you all always have the answer and it's always through this book." She loves the new perspective it's given her and she loves the Book of Mormon. The spirit was so strong and her heart has changed so much in such a short period of time. A is incredible and I love her so much already! I'm excited for her to keep getting the answers to her questions. 

We also had an amazing lesson with Aisa this week. She is incredible. We were at her house and she's been going through a lot of hard things and she has some family members that aren't making good choices. We were helping her and her kids with some things when out of no where she said, "Tell me everything you know about Heaven." So we shared the Plan of Salvation and taught her about the kingdoms of glory and as we shared this tears streamed down her face. And she said, "God is loving, isn't He?" I can't even begin to explain the spirit that filled the room. When we left her house Hermana Heil and I were so exhausted and so overwhelmed because of how strong the spirit was. I think it was the most powerful lesson I've had on my mission so far. 

So we had exchanges this week and Hermana Banks came here to Shelbyville with me. She is such an amazing missionary! I've been out two transfers longer than her but her Spanish is incredible! It puts mine to shame and she is such a good teacher and the most loving person you would ever meet. She is incredible. 

The Frankfort hermanas moved this week so we drove to Frankfort Friday night and helped them pack their things up and then just slept over and then Saturday morning we helped them move all of their things into their new apartment. It was a lot of fun and service is my favorite so it was great! 

That was pretty much our week though, it was such a good one. I am amazed every week at the love that God has for us. I love the Mormon Message "A Shower of Heavenly Blessings" because Heavenly Father really does love each of us and always wants to give us every blessing he has to give. He is so loving and I am so grateful for Him and all that He does for me. I love you all so very much and I hope you have such a good week. Be happy because life is too short to be anything else! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Swapp

PS: "That the ​​​fulness​ of my ​​​gospel​ might be ​​​proclaimed​ by the ​​​weak​ and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before ​​​kings​ and ​​​rulers​." -D&C 1:23





 We went on a hike last P-day with Sister Endemann and Sister Draper! And we actually went on a trail, I promise it wasn't paved the whole way!


 Elder Pryor made us a Valentine haha!



 Our super cool Valentine's glasses!


 Our exchange with Hermana Banks and Hermana Linares.


 Look who came to Shelbyville! Rhonda and Jacob from Paris!! It was the highlight of my week!


Hermana Parra and I matched perfectly! Aren't we a couple beauts? 







You Might Also Like

0 comments