We got 7 new investigators last week 5-30-2017

3:26 PM

Hola Familia!!


I didn't leave a lot of time to write this email so I will try to keep it short(er)! This past week was incredible, I am just so amazed all the time at all of the amazing blessings Heavenly Father has given us! He is blessing us with more than I could ever imagine! We got 7 new investigators last week but I think I'm just going to write about a couple! 

So Maria! She's the referral that we received from the Elders, she is absolutely incredible!! Her baptismal date was originally set for July 1st. The first lesson we had she told us she had been baptized in 3 other churches but those mean nothing to her now because she knew it wasn't by the proper authority. The next time we went over there, she had invited one of her friends to join in on the lesson (Irma) and Irma is one of our new investigators now and she has a baptismal date too. The third time we went over there somebody had called her and asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm preparing for the second coming with the sister missionaries. Did you know He's coming again? What are you doing to prepare?" It is so fun to see how enthusiastic she already is in sharing the gospel with others. On Sunday we taught her the Word of Wisdom and she told us she already lives it and that she has always stayed away from those things because she knew they weren't good for her body. And we moved her baptismal date up to June 11th. It has been so amazing to see how prepared she is. Yesterday after her lesson she said, "I'm bored. How about I walk with you and show you all my friends that need the gospel?" It was awesome! Unfortunately we had other appointments but tomorrow we have it scheduled in that we're going to go on a walk with her and teach all of her friends! It's amazing to see how Heavenly Father has been preparing Maria. I am so grateful. 

The next one is Andres! He makes me so happy, I know I already said it but he reminds me soo much of Mario from Paris! We were able to have some lessons with him this week. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom and they went great. He told us he wants to go to the sun and he wants to live with his wife who passed away about 5 years ago. Also, he has been living the Word of Wisdom for almost a week now! He is still on track for his baptism and I am so excited for him!

Both Andres and Maria came to church this Sunday and we had a fireside Sunday night and they both came to that as well! I am so excited for both of them and I know their Heavenly Father is even more excited. I'm so grateful to be a part of this work! 

Kristy had the biggest fall this week and she dropped us. We haven't seen her, Aniyah, or Bonnie in more than a week and we probably won't teach them anymore. It makes me so sad for her, I know how much happiness she could have. 

Yesterday as we were driving home we saw one of the less actives we have worked with a little bit. He was riding his bike home but he was very borracho (drunk). I think I saw him fall off his bike like 5 times. We pulled over and got out, I took his bike from him and Hermana Wilkinson stood next to him to catch him in case he fell. As we walked him home I felt this overwhelming feeling of love for him. I knew Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ didn't love him any less. In fact, that was the most love I have ever felt for him and I thought of the conference talk that was given the past April "Our Good Shepherd" by Elder Renlund. I know that the Good Shepherd didn't recoil at His sheep. I knew He had immense compassion and I could feel it. Once we got our friend back home safely and left him with a spiritual message I couldn't help but smile and think, "Oh what a sheep!" 

I know that Heavenly Father is our loving Father and that He cares for us more than we could ever comprehend. I am so grateful to be a part of His work and to be His servant. I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. 

I hope you all have such a wonderful week and I hope you know how much I love you! Have the best week and be happy, because life is too short to be anything else!

Con amor, 
Hermana Swapp

PS: "And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more given." -Mark 4:24
 

 Exchanges this week with Hermana Laub and Hermana Corona! I got to go to Frankfort with Hermana Corona and we had so much fun!


 Another picture from transfers. Hermana Spencer, Hermana Heil, and Hermana Castillo.

 
 Andres had never seen a picture or video of himself before!

You Might Also Like

0 comments