I pray everynight that you know how much I love you 4-2-2016

9:08 AM

Hola!!!!

I made it through my first week, can you believe it?? It's crazy how fast and slow it's been I feel like I have so much to tell you!! First of all thank you for the package, thanks to you me and my companions are no longer starving anymore. We refer to the package as the treasure chest because it's like gold to us haha. Anytime we're hungry we say, "I'm heading to the treasure chest real fast. haha! And also, I forgot to tell you last week but I got a bottom bunk! My prayers were heard haha! So right now there's like no missionaries at the MTC. They all come in the summer and winter so Me and my companions have a room to ourselves which is way nice there is so much room everywhere! There's 3 bunk beds so we all got a bottom!

But Easter was awesome Elder Ballard came and it was so cool!! The second he walked in the feeling in the room changed, seriously the most amazing feeling and the spirit was so strong. It was so cute when the devotional was over and he was leaving, we all stood up and he was about to walk out the door and he turns around and gives us a huge smile and a big wave. I don't know how to explain it but it was just an amazing feeling. Easter was good here we had two more devotionals that day and it was not fast Sunday for us so we could eat all of our candy! We had another devotional on Tuesday and Terence Vinson from the 70 came and it is seriously the coolest thing having general authorities speak to us! 

Our zone is a singing zone so we're all required to join the choir and I'm so happy because it is amazing! The choir teacher is incredible as we're learning the song he teaches us the history of the song and the history of the church that goes with it. The spirit is even incredible during choir practice and I'm so happy our zone is a part of it! 

So Johny and Maddie you are going to be so proud of me! But every day we have an hour to work out and guess who is actually working out... that's right ME! Me and Hermana Dickson go up and do all the workouts you've shown me Maddie and I think Hermana Dickson is going to kill me haha. We both laugh the whole time because we feel like dying and neither of us can walk after we work out. But we have a super fun time. And then the last few minutes of work out time we go down and play four square. I'm pretty much always in the queen square. No just kidding I stink. But I wear my Kentucky shirt Johny got me for Christmas and that's all anyone calls me around here! I'll walk in my classroom and they call me Kentucky not Hermana Swapp, but I love it! haha. 

But remember that investigator I was talking about last week? Well her name is Mayra. And she forgave the elders and they were able to teach her again. We taught her everyday this week except for Friday. Monday and Tuesday's lessons were really bad. I felt like crying and giving up because I was struggling with the Spanish and everytime we plan a lesson she has questions for something else and we have to bag the plan and make up something on the spot with the Spanish we know. It's super hard and frustrating. On Tuesday she said she didn't know what to do because her boyfriend was beating her for taking discussions so we didn't know what to say! So we just told her to pray and promised her that God would protect her. So then on Wednesday our teacher came in and said just so you know you're teaching Mayra today for 15 minutes, you have a half hour to prepare. So we decided to read her 1 Nephi 7:16-18. It's the story of Laman and Lemuel tying Nephi up and they want to kill him but Nephi prays and the Lord bursts the bands. She started crying and said she didn't know why she was letting her boyfriend beat her up and that she wanted to be a member. So we met with her Thursday and she told us that she broke up with her boyfriend and committed to baptism so the spirit was super strong and it was really amazing! But get this... We got to class Friday night for our evening class and our teacher Hermano Corbin walks in with Mayra!! Mayra is one of our teachers we were all so surprised! She served her mission in New Mexico and Mayra was someone she taught so she was just acting her part! I don't even know her name she's just Mayra to me haha!

But are you ready for a super funny story? Well Mayra was teaching our lesson and she was reading a scripture about someone asking for bread so she kept saying he asked for bread. And so he asked in spanish is pidá (pee-dah) and bread is pan. So she kept saying pidá pan and everyone understood her except for me and Hermana Dickson and we just kept looking at each other because we had no idea what was going on and so finally Mayra asked her what we didn't understand and I said, "I just don't understand what Peter Pan has to do with any of this." And everyone just started laughing I don't think anyone could breathe for like 5 minutes and then she finally explained to me that she was saying he asked for bread and not Peter Pan. You probably had to be there for it to be funny but it was good. Also, it was super funny my companions and I were all getting ready to go one morning and this loud alarm sounded like way loud and we just looked at each other like is there a fire or what's going on? And all of a sudden this urgent voice gets on the intercom and says, "ATTENTION LADIES THERE IS A MAN IN THE BUILDING, I REPEAT A MAN IN THE BUILDING!" We all just died, they acted like we have never seen a male in our lives. It's happened a couple times since and we just laugh every time. 

I'm still loving it here the spirit is amazing and I've already seen so many miracles. Here's a couple... This week on one of the nights I got the worst sore throat in the whole entire world and my nose got stuffy and I was feeling awful! I thought there was no way I was going to be able to make it through the next day if I felt this sick. So I asked Heavenly Father to help me make it through the next day and when I woke up I felt completely fine, my cold and my sore throat was gone and it hasn't come back! Another miracle, Hermana Tracy forgot to set the alarm one night and Hermana Dickson just happened to wake up right at 6:30 the next morning, I have no doubt that it was Heavenly Father waking us up. Heavenly Father is amazing and he is very aware of us. Also, I can feel all of your prayers, thank you so much! And I hope you all know how much I love you, I pray everynight that you know how much I love you. I think about you every morning Dad when I walk to class and I see the peak! And I think about everyone at home everyday! I love you all and I miss you very much! Thank you for all the letters and packages. The days I get mail are so much better! I hope you all had a very happy Easter and April Fool's Day haha! 

Les Amo,
Hermana Swapp

Oh and ps: My address isn't unit 9 anymore it's unit 211



You Might Also Like

0 comments