Why can't missions be forever? 10-10-2016

8:45 PM

¡Hola Familia!

¿Cómo está todo? Yo espero que todo está bien! La semana pasada fue
muy bien y muy ocupado. Me gusta ocupado. Hello family, I love you all
so very much and I hope you all have had a very good week!

This past week was super good and it flew by!! I can't believe it's
the last week of the transfer! We get transfer calls this Saturday and
Hermana Fluckiger and I probably won't be together another transfer
which makes me want to bawl my eyes out! But it's okay we got it all
planned out, we're going to be companions again later down the
road.... It will happen.

We had a few lessons this week but no success finding new people to
teach! We had a few lessons with Amanda and her family and they are
amazing! I love them so very much. We taught them the Word of Wisdom
and we promised them we would give up sweets if they would live the
word of wisdom. Oh it's the worst decision I have ever made. It about
kills me every time I open the fridge and see the giant cookie cake
just sitting there. But hey, anything for that family. They're making
great progress. We had a virtual temple tour with them on Saturday and
the spirit was so strong! They loved the temple and kept saying how
amazing it would be to actually go inside. I cannot wait for this
family to become an eternal family!

Zaira and Jorge are still Zaira and Jorge. Jorge didn't come to the
lesson this week... It's so hard, Zaira would be baptized today if she
could. We pray so hard for them but it seems like no matter what we do
it just doesn't work. One day.

Angie is doing amazing! She has had so many health problems and
challenges come into her life but she has more faith than anyone I've
ever met. She trusts God and knows whatever happens, it's all going to
work out. We went over one day and she was having a super hard day, it
was so sad to see her the way she was. She is so strong. But... She
might be able to be baptized now! We're going to find out soon anyway!

David dropped us this week :( he got a lot of our beliefs confused
with the Jehovah's Witnesses and didn't want any part of it. We tried
to explain that we don't believe those things, but he's just not ready
to listen yet!

We've been teaching a girl in our ward Spanish and it has been a lot
of fun! We've been going over there twice a week and reading the Book
of Mormon in Spanish with her. I have loved it so much, and I actually
understand what I'm reading now. It has taken me a lot longer to learn
Spanish than probably most missionaries but I feel like I'm finally
starting to get it. Kind of. Speaking of Spanish Hermana Fluckiger and
I are still going strong on our Spanish goals. We are almost done with
our Spanish book, but we probably won't finish the Book of Mormon.
Actually I know we won't, we're no where close haha! But our language
studies are still great!

We've been teaching Chanel. She's a less active young women in our
ward, she was baptized when she was 8 but never went to church or
learned anything after she was baptized so we're teaching her
everything now and she is incredible. She understands it all and has
so many amazing questions. She's learning so fast and I love the way
she thinks. It makes me really look at things differently and I always
feel so enlightened after those lessons.

The ward is doing great, Sean, Fidencio, and Mario continue to make
great progress! Mario and Fidencio both have callings now, Fidencio is
a ward missionary and Mario sets up the chairs and passes out the
programs. It's perfect for Mario, I've never met anyone who loves to
shake hands more than Mario does! Mario bore his testimony yesterday
and while he bore his testimony he decided to say a prayer for the
whole church hahaha, he's just the greatest. He brought a smile to
everyone's face.

This Saturday we have an apostle coming to the mission and we are all
so excited! Elder Stevenson is coming and he will be giving us a
training. I'm really looking forward to it!

But that was my week, it was a lot of fun and it was filled with so
many spiritual experiences. I can't believe how much I learn every day
here, it really is the biggest blessing to be serving my Father. Why
can't missions last forever? I love you all soooo very much and I pray
for you always. Please always remember to be happy! Because life is
too short to be anything else!

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I
would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and
not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no
witness until after the trial of your faith." -Ether 12:6




Don't fall asleep when you're with the Hermanas!

Daniella got some sunglasses and wanted all of us to be twinning! 



Amanda had a birthday! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments