I was bawling, I haven't felt the spirit that strong in a long time 12-05-2016

10:24 AM

¡Hola Familia!

¿Cómo están? La semana pasada fue bien y difícil. I hope everyone has
had a great week. I know I say it every week but what a tough week.
Just like the Brother of Jared I have never had to cross so many great
deeps in my life before, but I have truly learned to be grateful for
these hard weeks. I am learning so much more than I ever thought I
would and I am grateful for that. Heavenly Father has really given us
some blessings this week though, I know that's what He does for His
children as they endure their trials.

We were tracting one day and we found this little boy walking home
from school and decided we would talk to him. It seemed like he was
having a bad day and so we showed him the  #LightTheWorld video and
his mouth hung open and he continued to say, "¡Que Bonita!" (How
Beautiful). I just had so much love for him fill my heart! He then
told us we needed to go to his house to show the rest of his family.
His aunt Silvia was the only one home and we were able to have a
lesson with her and she loved it! And we have another appointment with
her tonight.

Another miracle, we found this man named Jaydien on the streets and he
wasn't very kind and had no interest but we had the strongest
impression to share the Mormon message "Earthly Father, Heavenly
Father". We asked to show it to him but he said no. Well the prompting
wouldn't leave so we found him on Facebook and shared the video with
him. After a couple days of messaging and bugging him to watch it, he
did. And he messaged us back and said, "Wow I really needed this. I
just got custody of my two kids and I really feel like I needed to
hear this. Can I come to your church?" So we set up a church tour for
the next day! It was incredible! He speaks English though so the other
missionaries get him!

We went on splits one day with the sisters in our ward and I got to go
out with Sister Endemann, she's incredible! We went looking for some
less actives in our ward and we found a cute lady who let us in to
talk to her. At the end of the lesson she gave us two big bags of
food. We had lots of raisins, apple sauce, and peaches! We had a long
walk back to the car so we knocked on some doors on the way. We
knocked on this one door, he was a grandpa who just got custody of his
two granddaughters (their mother had just passed away). We could tell
he didn't have much and without hesitating Sister Endemann said,
"We're here to bring you some food." We gave him our two big bags of
food and his eyes swelled up with tears. It is incredible how amazing
Heavenly Father is.

Yesterday we had an incredible day! We left the apartment at 9:00 am
to go to church and didn't get back to our apartment until 9:30 pm. We
had the busiest day and it was great! After church we had a couple
appointments. We went to this Hispanic store and sat to have a lesson
with Fidel, he is incredible! We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon
and during this lesson we had 6 other Hispanics who overheard us come
up and ask some questions! We set appointments with two of them! Fidel
loved it and we gave him a Book of Mormon, Restoration Pamphlet, and
Plan of Salvation Pamphlet and he was so excited and he couldn't
believe it was actually all his to keep and when we told him it was he
made us write Para el Hermano Fidel on every single one (For brother
Fidel). He made us laugh, it was like a kid at Christmas time!

Then we went tracting at this apartment complex and someone came up to
us and said, "My girlfriend is a Mormon, please come upstairs and talk
with us." So we went upstairs and met with James and Yamonica and she
really was a member! We had a great lesson with them and even set a
return appointment. They speak English as well so the other
missionaries will get them too.

Yesterday night the sisters had an appointment with their investigator
Komi but they didn't have a member who was able to go with them so
they asked us to because they weren't allowed to enter the house
without a woman.  Holy cow, it was the most incredible lesson. We
watched the Joseph Smith video and we all bore out testimonies. I was
bawling, I haven't felt the spirit that strong in a long time. The
sisters have been trying to help him accept baptism for quite some
time but he kept saying, "I want to be certain." Well we asked him
last night if he had the faith sufficient to kneel with us and ask God
for an answer and we promised if he would pray with real intent he
would be certain. And so we did just that. And after the prayer he
said, "I'll get baptized, I'm certain."

But I do want to bear my testimony to all of you. Just like Nephi, I
don't know everything but I do know that God loves his children. And I
know that I am a daughter of God. And I want nothing more than to
return to live with God forever one day. And I know He wants the same.
And I am so eternally grateful for my Savior because without Him there
would be no way for me to return to my Father. I will never be able to
thank Him enough. But I also know it's impossible to return without
doing the things God asks of us and one of those things being baptism.
I am so grateful to Joseph Smith for restoring the gospel of Jesus
Christ to the earth once again. I am so grateful for all that he did
and all of the sacrifices that he made so that I can return to live
with my Father in Heaven forever. I know with all of my heart that
Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God. I know that he truly saw God
the Father and Jesus Christ and I know that because of him the one
true church of Christ is on the earth today. I am so grateful for
Joseph Smith and all that he did so I could have a chance at eternal
life.

Well I love you all so very much and I am so grateful for all of the
prayers and love that are sent my way! I hope you all have a fabulous
week and know that someone in Kentucky loves you all very much! Be
happy, life is too short to be anything else.

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

PS: "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to
separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8:38-39


How we started #LightTheWorld


Sister Endemann!

You Might Also Like

0 comments