We're going to #LightTheWorld 11-28-2016

10:12 PM

¡Hola Todo!

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving and ate enough turkey to
hold you over until next year! The Thorn family took care of us here
in Louisville and fed us more than we could handle! It was so much fun
and so yummy! We had a whole day off for Thanksgiving (except for
studies in the morning of course) and we ate, slept, fed the ducks,
and ate some more.

The work here is going. We didn't have any lessons with Margarita this
week because she hasn't been feeling very well. But we worked a lot
with the less actives. We had a few lessons with Jennifer and her
family! They are doing great and are making great progress, I'm so
proud of them! (They even made us tamales MMM!). And we were able to
have a lesson with her cousin Yajaira who is not a member. They're all
amazing!

We went over to Rebecca's house a couple times and she is a less
active as well. She is incredible. She's only less active because of
her health but besides church she is very active in the gospel. We go
over there and she ALWAYS feeds us physically and we always plan to
feed her spiritually but she even ends up feeding us spiritually as
well. She's incredible! She was sick one day and needed to get
something cooked for visitors so we went and helped her cooked! We
made some Puerto Rican sofrito and let me tell you! MMM! It is good!
And she also spoiled us with some empanadas this week as well. I'm
just loving all the Hispanic food here.

Also, this week has been so much fun with the new #LightTheWorld
campaign or whatever you wanna call it. I hope you all have seen the
video (if not I'll put the link in here and you better watch it). It
is amazing and makes talking to people on the streets so much fun. We
went to the gas station to fill up one night and started talking to
everybody there. We ended up being there for an hour and talked to 40
people! We showed almost everyone the video and asked them to join us
by lighting the world. My favorite part was watching some people who
were having bad days, all of them had a smile on their face by the
time the video was over. And that's my favorite part about being a
missionary, bringing real happiness into people's lives.

We had our Spanish sacrament meeting yesterday and so we spent our
whole week preparing for that. We made a bunch of fliers and visited
every less active Hispanic on our list. We made some new friends and
were able to get into some homes that haven't allowed missionaries in
for a while. We really saw some miracles. Hermana Boyson and I poured
our hearts out to Heavenly Father pleading for his help with this
sacrament meeting. We so badly want there to be a branch here and we
were so worried the whole week. But let me tell you. "Ask, and ye
shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen."

The Spanish sacrament was the biggest miracle of all. We had 37 people
come and that might not sound like a lot but it was! The Spanish
branch president from the downtown branch came and spoke and he said
there were more people at our meeting than at his branch earlier that
day. It was a miracle! The spirit was so strong and it made me so
happy to listen to a sacrament meeting all in Spanish. I hope that
this continues and the Hispanic people can eventually have the
opportunity to listen to the gospel in their native language every
week. It was such an amazing night, and my heart was full of gratitude
for all that my Heavenly Father had done.

I am amazed at my Father in Heaven. There was so much to get done this
week and I thought there was no way this sacrament meeting was going
to happen. I have too many weaknesses and we didn't have enough time
to get everything done we needed to. But I have learned how amazing
the Atonement is. There was no way we could've gotten that meeting
together on our own, but we did our best and did everything we could
in our power to make it happen and the Savior took care of the rest.
He was able to make up for everything we couldn't do. And I am so very
grateful. "It is impossible to fail when you do your best when you are
on the Lord's errand." -Elder M. Russell Ballard.

I love you all so very much and I hope you have an amazing week full
of happiness, Christmas music, and service. Don't forget to join us by
serving others starting on December 1! We're going to do this
together! We're going to #LightTheWorld. Never forget how much I love
you and be happy. Because life is too short to be anything else!

Con amor,
Hermana Swapp

PS: "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they
speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the
words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all
things what ye should do." -2 Nephi 32:3



Thanksgiving Day!



Cooking at Rebecca's!


I got my Christmas tree all set up! Thank you mom!

You Might Also Like

0 comments